What is Horned Kratom & Where to Buy?
If you’re familiar with kratom, you know that there are a wide range of varieties and strains. Depending on where this plant grows and how it’s cultivated, will reflect its characteristics. In fact, even within the same strain, you can source unique varietals — which is the case with horned kratom.
Although horned kratom produces some overlapping effects with other strains, one thing is certain — horned kratom is fairly rare, yet highly effective. On the market, you will often find red, white, and green horn kratom, all which come front a ‘horned leaf’ plant.
The History of Horned Kratom
Although Red Horn Kratom is often confused with Maeng Da, they are unique. Red horn, for instance, is native to Thailand and its surrounding area, creating one of the most rare strains. Of course, this has resulted in both high market and medicinal value.
With that being said, depending on the strain sourced, horned kratom can come from a number of regions, including Borneo, Malaysia, and Vietnam. Regardless of the location, each area produces high quality kratom that varies based on the vein color and growing conditions.
Although kratom has been utilized within these regions for centuries, the West has created a market for this product, increasing the demand over the past ten years or so. For those who have used it, they understand how horned kratom — as well as other varieties, can target various ailments, improving productivity and overall quality of life.
How Does Horned Kratom Powder & Capsules Work?
When comparing white horn with white Borneo, for instance, although they share similar properties, it’s believed that the horned leaves of horned kratom yield unique characteristics. With that being said, based on the available research, all strains act similarly within the brain.
When taking kratom, users experience a range of effects based on active compounds, known as alkaloids. More specifically, opioid agonists, such as mitragynine, directly influence key receptors in the brain. In turn, this impacts one’s anxiety, mood, and pain levels. This is why users often experience feelings of euphoria.
Now, it’s important to note that although horned kratom interacts with opioid receptors, does not make it comparable to say heroin or morphine. Unlike these substances, which directly interact with mu opioid receptors, compounds such as mitragynine, prefer what’s known as delta opioid receptors.
Although when taken in large enough doses, mu receptors will likely be stimulated, when taken at lower, controlled doses, kratom simply produces stimulating effects. Meaning, in comparison to some of the most commonly abused opiates, horned kratom yields a much lower risk of addiction.
The Benefits of Horned Kratom Powder
Before we review some of the benefits associated with horned kratom, it’s important to review the three main varieties — green horned, red horned, and white horned. Depending on the ‘vein color’ you source, you will experience varying effects. For example, white horned is known to create a more energetic effect, whereas red enhances both pain relief and sedation.
When choosing a variety, users will select this substance based on their own personal needs. In general, these are some of the key benefits associated with horned kratom:
- Pain relief — this is especially true when taking red horn kratom, as it promotes healing and anti-anxiety effects, in comparison to more pleasurable effects. While users experience a reduction in painful symptoms, they can also experience anti-anxiety effects, helping them improve their ability to cope. In turn, users experience a reduction in nervous thoughts and feelings, while reducing both physical and mental tension.
- Enhanced mental focus — when taking green horn kratom, users often express similarities between this variety and the popular Maeng-Da. It will quickly support enhanced mental focus, based on its stimulating effects. Users tend to enjoy green horn kratom because it can boost mental performance and productivity. On average, the energizing effect is much like the stimulation you experience from coffee. Where this substance differs, is that it enhances energy levels without leading to an increased heart rate or feelings of restlessness. Overall, users experience a ‘clearer mind’ and an enhanced ability to focus — making it an ideal part of various personal and professional routines. Although these effects can be experienced with all strains, enhanced focus and concentration are generally associated with both white and green horn kratom.
- Improved mood and overall sense of well-being — kratom is known for producing feelings of euphoria, and horned kratom is no different. Known to yield an uplifting state-of-mind, users often feel content and overly positive. It’s believed that this is due to the mitragynine alkaloid, which has been shown to yield potential anti-depressant effects.
- Addresses a range of chronic conditions — from migraines to muscle pain, based on the analgesic effects of horned kratom, as discussed above, users can target the painful symptoms associated with their condition. In fact, when taking horned kratom, many individuals view this supportive treatment as a safer alternative to more potent, prescribed medications. For many, this also helps them achieve a more restful night’s sleep.
- Can ease symptoms of withdrawal — based on horned kratom’s effect on opioid receptors, those who experience withdrawal symptoms often find that this alternative is a great solution. For those trying to kick their habit, kratom can help mask some of the negative withdrawal symptoms, including muscle pain, anxiety, vomiting, and more. Since kratom is not addictive, it can help users flush opiates out of their system, so that they can succeed without becoming overly sick.
Are There Any Possible Side Effects of Horned Kratom?
When taking any new substance, there will always be a potential risk in relation to any adverse effects — and horned kratom is no different. With that being said, this substance is not considered to be dangerous and exhibits a low potential in relation to addiction.
At this time, no one within the United States has died from using kratom — whereas heroin killed approximately 13,000 people in 2015, a number that has been steadily rising. Those who do experience negative effects, are often those who do not follow recommended dosages, taking anywhere from ten to twenty times more than suggested.
Overall, the most common side effects include:
- Possible fatigue and drowsiness
- Stomach discomfort and constipation
On average, depending on the user’s experience, 1 to 3 grams is considered to be strong enough — this is especially true for potent varieties, including both red and grain horn kratom. Overall, the effects you experience will often be based on the dosage you take. Among experienced users, for instance, some will take up to 6 grams in order to soothe feelings of anxiety and pain.
When taking smaller doses, you generally feel more motivated and energetic, whereas higher doses will produce a more relaxed, sedative effect. When taking powder, 2 grams if generally a good starting point — and with all strains, less is more. You can always increase the dosage, but before you do, experiment with the lowest recommended dose.