What is Borneo Kratom & Where to Buy?
Kratom is known for its ability to relieve pain and assist in the treatment of addiction, as well as its euphoric properties. At this time, Borneo is one of the world’s largest exporters, mainly due to the conditions associated with this tropical island. Yielding some of the best possible strains, those who have sampled Borneo Kratom understand how effective this plant can be.
Although strains can vary depending on the region and the type sourced, Borneo strains all share common characteristics, which is why kratom from this region is always in high demand. Known as one of the most sedating strains of kratom, these strains are ideal for conditions such as depression, anxiety, and insomnia.
Used within this region for thousands of years, the demand for Borneo Kratom has significantly increased based on popular use within the west. Today, Borneo is the world’s largest kratom exporter, based on the perfect growing conditions within this tropical area. Traditionally, the kratom leaf was chewed, but today, it’s commonly consumed in powdered form.
How Does Borneo Kratom Powder & Capsules Work?
Unlike other strains, which are often stimulating, Borneo kratom is known for its sedating effects. This is based on its high concentration of 7-hydroxymitragynine — an alkaloid that binds to key receptors in the brain, promoting relaxation and sedation.
Today, when sourcing Borneo Kratom, there are a variety of unique strains that produce their own unique effects. These include:
- Green vein Borneo Kratom — known to be a fairly unique strain, green Borneo kratom targets feelings of stress and anxiety, while promoting effective pain relief. Even when taken at high doses, this variety rarely yields significant side effects.
- Red vein Borneo Kratom — being the most popular, red vein varieties are often known to be more sedative than green and white strains. When sourcing red Borneo kratom, users often experience feelings of euphoria while experiencing pain relief. Lasting around 4-6 hours, red Borneo kratom is also ideal when aiming to treat and opioid addiction.
- White vein Borneo Kratom — although this is often the least popular of the three listed varieties, it is not any less effective. The difference is, white Borneo kratom is both sedative and slightly stimulating. It’s ideal for those who would like to feel relaxed, without feeling overly sedated.
The Benefits of Borneo Kratom Powder
The benefits associated with Borneo Kratom are vast — and although scientific research is lacking, the history of this plant speaks for itself. There are countless accounts available, as users have described their own positive experiences. Since this is known to be one of the most sedating strains, those aiming to induce relaxation often benefit the most.
Overall, some of the most common benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Pain relief — when taking Borneo kratom, particularly red vein, users can experience elevated pain relief. In fact, in comparison to other strains, red Borneo kratom is said to be superior. On average, Borneo strains are also slightly more sedating and promote greater anti-anxiety effects — without an elevated risk of adverse effects.
- Supportive aid during addiction treatment — among those who are addicted to opiates, seeking effective treatment can be negative and even dangerous experience. Withdrawal symptoms are generally severe, making it challenging to kick the habit. In comparison to strains such as Maeng Da kratom, Borneo kratom is less stimulating which tends to be ideal for those weaning themselves off of drugs. In addition, based on the high concentration of 7-hydroxymitragynine, this Borneo-based strain can also reduce feelings of stress and anxiety.
- Stress relief — a potential solution for those who suffer from elevated stress and anxiety, some users have reported that Borneo kratom is as effective as benzodizepines — but not produce the same serious side effects. On average, users tend to prefer green Borneo for this purpose, but others find red Borneo more effective.
- Battles insomnia — approximately 60 million people suffer from sleep disorders, turning to potent and potentially dangerous sleeping pills. Since Borneo kratom promotes relaxation and sedation, it’s highly recommended to those who suffer from insomnia.
Are There Any Possible Side Effects of Borneo Kratom Capsules or Powder?
For those who use kratom, they know that this substance is about as addictive as coffee — after all, kratom belongs to the coffee family, which is why it often produces a slightly stimulating effect (being much more prominent when taking certain strains in comparison to others).
Users often hear that kratom is associated with opiates — however, it’s important to note that its addictive potential is much less significant. In fact, Borneo kratom — especially green Borneo, is known for producing very few side effects. With that being said, when the recommended dosage is not followed, adverse effects can occur, including overwhelming sedation, dizziness, and fatigue.
This is the most common issue, as taking too much can result in undesirable effects. The most common side effects tend to include:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Dry mouth
Although these effects are minor, among those who do not follow guidelines, there is a slight risk of addiction based on increasing tolerance. It is recommended that you do not take kratom more than 3 days in a row — and should limit doses to 2-3 times weekly. When used as directed, Borneo kratom is considered to be safe.
Recommended Dosage of Borneo Kratom
Regardless of the strain, when taking kratom — especially as a beginner, less is often more. Meaning, start with the threshold dose and gradually work your way up. On average, users typically take around 3-5 grams — but this will vary depending on the strain, user, and end goal.
Since each variety — white, green, and red, all produce unique effects, users often blend strains in order to achieve a desired result. If you wanted to create a Borneo blend, for instance, you could combine all three varieties, enhancing the overall effect. This is recommended for experienced users only.